– Eupithecia maestosa
|Photographs are the copyrighted property of each photographer listed. Contact individual photographers for permission to use for any purpose.|
DNA - © Jim Moore
||Caution: A single range map dot for a Canadian province may represent records without specific location data.
Alaska to southern California and west to the Rochies.
Holotype (maestosa): Colorado.
Holotype (dyarata): Kaslo, BC.
Holotype (harlequinaria): Victoria, BC.
|McDunnough 1949: 552-553; pl. 26, fig. 12,13; text figure 2A-B.
||See Plate 11 for images of both spread adult and genitalia in Ferris (2018).
See Plate 201 for images of both spread adult and genitalia in Ferris (2019).
- BOLD:ACF5070 - Specimens in this BIN are from the Northeast an likely represent a cryptic species.
- Pinned specimens of related species. (Hint: select View by Region on the related species page.)
||• Tephroclystis maestosa Hulst, 1896
• Eupithecia dyarata Taylor, 1906
• Tephroclystia harlequinaria Dyar, 1905
- Barcode of Life (BOLD) - Caution: Some specimens shown may not be sequenced. DNA barcode provides evidence of relatedness not proof of identification.
- Barcode of Life (BOLD) - BIN: AAA7998 (E. nr. maestosa)
- Barcode of Life (BOLD) - BIN: ACF5070
- Bolte, K.B., 1990. Guide to the Geometridae of Canada (Lepidoptera) VI. Subfamily Larentiinae 1. Revision of the Genus Eupithecia. Memoirs of the Entomological Society of Canada, 122(S151): 3-253.
- Ferris, C.D., 2018. Geometridae: Larentiinae: Eupitheciini (Part). Lepidoptera of North America, Part 14. Contributions of the C.P. Gillette Museum of Arthropod Diversity Colorado State University, - 191 color plates of adult moths w/ genitalia. (accessed 9/28/2018)
- Ferris, C.D., 2019. Geometridae: Larentiinae: Eupitheciini (Part). Lepidoptera of North America, Part 14. Contributions of the C.P. Gillette Museum of Arthropod Diversity Colorado State University, Supplement, 35 color plates of adult moths w/ genitalia. (accessed 12/7/2019)
- Hulst, G.D., 1896. Classification of the Geometrina of North America, with descriptions of new genera and species. Transactions of the American Entomological Society, 23: 269.
- McDunnough, J.H., 1949. Revision of the North American species of the genus Eupithecia (Lepidoptera, Geometridae). Bulletin of the American Museum of Natural History, 93(8): 533-728.
- Species Page at BugGuide.Net
- Species Page at E. H. Strickland Museum
- gen. - © Glenn Fine
– © Jim Troubridge
18mm – © Jim Vargo
20mm - LG
– © Jim Vargo
© Jeffrey C. Miller