– Phalonidia lepidana
|Photographs are the copyrighted property of each photographer listed. Contact individual photographers for permission to use for any purpose.|
© John Lee
||Type locality (lepidana): unknown.
Type locality (plummeriana): "Maryland, Plummers Island".
Type locality (schwarziana): "Maryland, Plummers Island".
Type locality (zaracana): Illinois.
- Phalonidia ontariana Razowski, 1997 is regarded as the same species by Michael Sabourin (pers. comm., 10/27/2020).
- Pinned specimens of related species. (Hint: select View by Region on the related species page.)
||• Argyrolepia lepidana Clemens, 1860
• Phalonia plummeriana Busck, 1907
• Phalonia schwarziana Busck, 1907
• Phalonia zaracana Kearfott, 1907
• Phalonia straminiodes Meyrick, 1912
||Phalonidia lepidana (Clemens, 1860)  (1983 Hodges Checklist) includes as synonyms P. schwarziana (Busck, 1907)  (1983 list), P. plummeriana (Busck, 1907)  (1983 list) and P. zaracana (Kearfott, 1907)  (1983 list) in Metzler & Brown (2014), Jour. Lepid. Soc. 68:277. Research by Michael Sabourin suggests that 3809 P. ontariana Razowski, 1997 should also be included as a synonyms and that the afore mentioned synonyms should apply to 3809.1 P. straminoides (Grote, 1873)  (1983 list). MPG follows this interpretation for identification purposes pending further investigation.
- Barcode of Life (BOLD) - Caution: Some specimens shown may not be sequenced. DNA barcode provides evidence of relatedness not proof of identification.
- Busck, A., 1907. A Review of the Tortricid Subfamily Phaloniinae with Descriptions of New American Species. Journal of the New York Entomological Society, 15: 24-25. (plummeriana, schwarziana)
- Clemens, B., 1860. Contributions to American lepidopterology. Proceedings of the Academy of Natural Sciences of Philadelphia, 12: 355.
- Kearfott, W.D., 1907. New North American Tortricidae. Transactions of the American Entomological Society, 33(1): 74. (zaracana)
- Metzler, E.H. & J.W. Brown, 2014. An updated check list of the Cochylina (Tortricidae, Tortricinae, Euliini) of North America north of Mexico including Greenland, with comments on classification and identification. Journal of the Lepidopterists' Society, 68(4): 274-282.
- Meyrick, E., 1912. On some impossible specific names in Micro-Lepidoptera. Entomologist's Monthly Magazine, 48: 32-36.
- Species Page at Block Island Moths
- Species Page at BugGuide.Net
© David Reed
© Tom Murray
© Larry McDaniel
© Nolie Schneider
© Ilona Loser
© C. Van Den Broeke
12mm – © Jim Vargo
- 13mm – © U. S. National Museum
- 12mm – © U. S. National Museum